New York Law School, J.D. 1977
New York University, B.A. Philosophy (Ethics), M.A. History
1983-Present: Independent Practice; Concentrated in Family Law and in Wills, Trusts & Estates; also handle incapacity/guardianship, landlord/tenant matters, real estate transactions, general civil litigation
1982-1983: Operated the Lower Manhattan office of Jacoby & Myers; general practice
1977-1982: Office of the Attorney General, State of New York, Litigation Department (1980-1982 as Assistant Attorney General); Litigated various cases as counsel to State agencies
- Lexis/Nexis Martindale-Hubbell "Peer Review Rated"™ Attorney
- Qualified Neutral Evaluator of matrimonial matters in the Supreme Court of the State of New York, New York County
- Certified Guardian and Court Evaluator under §81.39-81.40, New York Mental Hygiene Law
- Certified Law Guardian for Domestic relations Matters
- Although most of her clients speak English, Ms. Lee does speak some Cantonese.
Her office works with interpreters competent in Spanish and in several Chinese dialects.
- Organizer and Instructor of "Basic Matrimonial Practice in New York" and organizer of "Handling Trial of a Matrimonial Equitable Distribution Case," both certified continuing education courses for practicing attorneys
- Arbitrator in New York City's Small Claims Court
- Volunteer Arbitrator of fee disputes in Supreme Court, New York County
- Mentor to the Law Clinic, a community outreach program sponsored by NYCLA
- Long-time participant in the annual "May Day" public clinic sponsored by the Legal Referral Services Association of the Association of the Bar of the City of New York
Charlotte C. Lee grew up in lower Manhattan, where her family operated an international trading firm founded by her great-grandfather in 1891.